Protect the value and equity of your home by insuring it adequately. Homeowners insurance can provide:
- Property Protection: Helps replace or rebuild a home in the event of a total loss
- Asset Protection: Covers you against liability claims
- Personal Property Protection: Covers valuable possessions inside your home including furniture, art, jewelry, etc.
Homeowners insurance can be very important in the event of a home damage or total loss. It is imperative that you select a policy that will help you cover the cost of rebuilding your home. Consider the following when selecting the value of your home policy:
- Current upgrades or additions
- Current rebuilding costs in your area
- Age of your home since cost of rebuilding an older home can be even greater than rebuilding of a newer home
In today’s world, it is not uncommon to see million dollar lawsuits for slips, falls, dog bites, etc. Therefore, asset protection can be an important component of a homeowners insurance policy.
Personal Property Protection
It is important to make sure that your personal property is adequately insured especially in the case of an unforeseen damage or theft. We recommend everyone keep a home inventory. It can be an easy as creating a list on a piece of paper or even documenting the household items with a video camera.